Article scripts submitted to university scientific and technical journals should be topical, performed at the highest scientific and technical level, and be in conformity with the profile.
Materials to be sent to the editorial office include:
• two copies of article script (including illustrations and tables) either in Ukrainian, Russian or English, printed on A4 format white paper (210х297 mm);
• abstracts (in Ukrainian, Russian or English up to 250 words) which should include subject and object matter, techniques, main results and conclusions. Abbreviations in an abstract are inadmissible. Five to ten keywords which are not included in the title should be provided at the end of the article;
• electronic variant of the article prepared by means of computer in the form of non-archived or archived (ZIP, ARJ, RAR) file – on CDR or via e-mail to the address of particular journal (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com – the following scientific and technical journals: “Scientific Bulletin of Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas”, “Prospecting and Development of Oil and Gas Fields”, “Oil and Gas Power Engineering”; firstname.lastname@example.org - “Quality Control Tools and Techniques”);
• opinion on the article signed by Doctor of Engineering.
Scientific articles highlighting the issues of oil and gas sphere are acceptable for submission provided they include the following components:
1. Introduction (general problem definition and its connection to important scientific or practical tasks with mandatory reference to the literature in the text of the article).
2. Analysis of current foreign and domestic investigations and publications which commence solution of the issues and on which the authors base.
3. Emphasis of previously unresolved parts of the general issue to which an article is dedicated.
4. Statement of the article’s objectives (task definition and research techniques of the topic under analysis).
5. Highlighting of research basic material with full reasoning of obtained scientific results.
6. Conclusion inferred from research (scientific novelty, theoretical and practical value) and perspectives of further research in that direction.
7. Bibliography should be produced in accordance with regulations developed for authors on the basis of Ukrainian State Standard USS 7.1:2006 “Standards system of information, librarianship and publishing. Bibliographic record. Bibliographical description. General requirements and production regulations” as well as on the basis of several editing alterations for the purpose of relative regulations simplification provided at USS for authors and editors.
Recommended article script volume – 12–15 pages.
Script is signed by the author (and co-authors).
Electronic variant of the article should meet the following requirements:
1. Article is typed in Microsoft Office Word 98–2000/XP Editor on the A4 format white paper (210х297 mm), margins (mm): upper – 20, lower – 20, internal – 25, external – 10.
2. Main text is typed in the way as follows:
2.1. “Usual” font style, font Times New Roman (Cyr), font size 11, indent – 0.75 cm, line pitch – 0,85 cm.
2.2. Typing plan:
UDC (Times New Roman (Cyr), font size 11 indentless, text alignment – left).
Article title (Arial (Cyr), font size 14, bold, in words, indentless, text alignment – centre, interval top and bottom – 9 pt).
Initials, author’s surname (and co-authors’) (Times New Roman (Cyr), fonts size 11, bold, italic, indentless, alignment – centre). Responsible author should be marked with asterix. Full mail address of the author (and co-authors) should be specified.
Title of organization, its full mail address, e-mail (Times New Roman (Cyr), fonts size 11, italic, indentless, alignment – centre, interval top and bottom – 12 pt). If authors represent several organizations, the title, full mail and e-mail addresses of each organization sould be indicated.
2.3. Intervals are not used in the text except for article subsections (subsections, subpoints, etc. are separated by intervals “before” – 9, “after” – 6).
3. Inbuilt in Microsoft Office Equation v. 3.0 Editor is used to type formulas. Font styles: Text – Times New Roman (Cyr), Function – Times New Roman (Cyr), italic.
For clarity it is recommended to separate formulas with upper and lower intervals, each approximating 6 pt.
Formulas are performed so that they occupy a column 80 mm width!!!
4. Tables should be laconic, clear and include minimal data necessary to illustrate the text of the article. Tables should not duplicate the results provided elsewhere in the article (for instance in the form of graphs).
Table title: Times New Roman (Cyr), font size 11, bold, indentless, text alignment – centre, intervals top and bottom – 6 pt.
Tables are performed so that they occupy a column 80 mm or 165 mm width!!!
5. Article illustrations (schedules, graphs, diagrams) should be performed halftone (vector) format (BMP, TIF, PCX, JPG, GIF, CDR) and attached as a separate file.
MS WORD Graph Editor is not applicable!!!
Photographs should have resolution ability not lower than 400 dpi and/or be attached to the original.
All drawings, graphs and photographs should be monochrome, coloured or halftone.
Illustrations re-scanned from periodicals or manually drawn are unacceptable!!!
Subscripts to illustrations: Times New Roman (Cyr), font size 10, bold, indentless, text alignment – centre.
Illustration scripts should have Arial font style.
Abbreviations are not acceptable in titles.
6. List of references used by author which have references in the text is provided at the end of the article as a general list in order of appearance. It should include only sources which have references in the article. Ordinal number of the reference in the text (according to the list) is provided in square brackets, for instance, .
Article scripts submitted to the editorial board via mail should conform to the article electronic variant requirements, but with 1,5 line pitch for abstracts, article and bibliography printing!!!
A file with the bibliographic description of the article is added to the article (for the electronic scientific professional publication).
Elements of the bibliographic description of an article should have index numbers according to the list of essential elements:
Z <Service character – separates data about different articles>
Elements of the bibliographic description in Ukrainian
10 <Language of the article (Ukrainian, Russian, English)>
11 <The first author (surname and initial letters)>
12 <The second author (surname and initial letters), the third author (surname and initial letters)...>
13 <Title of the article>
14 <Number of bibliographic references>
15 <Summary (abstract, resume)>
16 <Key words>
17 <Title of file with a full text of the article>
Elements of the bibliographic description in Russian
21 <The first author (surname and initial letters)>
22 <The second author (surname and initial letters), the third author (surname and initial letters)...>
23 <Title of the article>
25 <Summary (abstract, resume)>
26 <Key words>
Elements of the bibliographic description in English
31 <The first author (surname and initial letters)>
32 <The second author (surname and initial letters), the third author (surname and initial letters)...>
33 <Title of the article>
34 <Summary (abstract, resume)>
35 <Key words>
Z <Service character – separates data about different articles >
Manuscripts that do not meet foregoing requirements are returned to the author without having their content considered. The date of sending the final version of the article is regarded as the date of manuscript arrival.